Just the good ole' boys, Never meanin' no harm
Beats all you never saw, been in trouble with the law since the day they was born
Straightenin' the curves, Flattenin' the hills
Someday the mountain might get 'em, but the law never will
Makin' their way the only way they know how
That's just a little bit more than the law will allow
Just the good ole' boys, Wouldn't change if they could
Fightin' the system like a true-modern day Robin Hood.
During the 2nd season of The Dukes of Hazzard, there were a couple of on-set conflicts between the cast, namely James Best and the producers and Ben Jones and the producers. Both actors were written out of the show temporarily at different points.
This led the producers to erase all evidence of them from the intros to the episodes they would not be in.
Here are 4 such variations of the season 2 intro:
- Intro without Ben Jones - extra footage was added to fill time for his spot, such as a patrol car crash, an exploding outhouse, and the General's smoking tires. The outhouse and smoking tire would remain with the intro for the rest of the series.
- Intro without James Best - Many changes in footage to remove all trace of Rosco. New footage of Daisy, Boss Hogg, Uncle Jesse, and Enos is shown, as well as a new ending jump.
- Intro with James Best replaced by Dick Sargent, as Sheriff Grady Byrd, and the aforementioned new footage.
- Intro with James Best replaced by James Hampton as Sheriff Buster Moon, and the aforementioned new footage.
There's also the end credits that replaced Roscos' giggle with Boss Hoggs' "Them Dukes, Them Dukes!!"
Season 5 (Coy and Vance)
- Season 5 (1982-1983) episode 19 Intro with Bo,Luke,Coy and Vance