|Samuel E. Wright|
Samuel E. Wright played the part of LAPD Officer Turk Adams, Enos Strait's partner and sidekick, on the "Dukes of Hazzard" spinoff series "Enos".
|Birthdate:||November 20, 1946|
|Birthplace:||Camden, South Carolina, U.S.|
Samuel E. Wright (born November 20, 1946) played the Enos' fat diabetic partner Officer Turk Adams in the Dukes of Hazzard spinoff series Enos. Samuel is perhaps best known as the voice of Sebastian in Disney's The Little Mermaid, for which he provided the main vocals to "Under the Sea", which won the Academy Award for Best Original Song. Wright also played the part of Mufasa in the original cast of The Lion King on Broadway. Another accomplishment of his was voicing Kron the Iguanodon in Disney's CGI film Dinosaur.
Samuel was nominated for a Tony Award in 1984 for Best Featured Actor in a Musical for his performance in The Tap Dance Kid, and again in 1998 for Best Featured Actor in a Musical as the original lead actor for Mufasa in The Lion King, the Broadway version of Disney's animated classic of the same name. Wright originated the part of "Sam" in Over Here! on Broadway. Wright also played the part of Jericho on the short lived Fox TV series Jonny Zero.
- Enos (1980-1981) as Officer Turk Adams
- The Little Mermaid (1989) as Sebastian the crab
- Sebastian's Party Gras (1990) as Self/Sebastian
- Sebastian's Caribbean Jamboree (1991) as Self/Sebastian
- The Little Mermaid (TV series) (1992–1994) as Sebastian
- Raw Toonage (1992) as Sebastian
- Marsupilami (1993) as Sebastian
- Dinosaur (2000) as Kron the Iguanodon
- The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea (2000) as Sebastian
- House of Mouse (2001–2002) as Sebastian
- The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning (2008) as Sebastian
Wright has performed and recorded several songs for the Walt Disney Animated film, The Little Mermaid, as Sebastian the Crab. He is most renowned for the songs, "Under the Sea", and "Kiss the Girl".
Wright released a soul music record in 1973, "There's Something Funny Going On" b/w "Three Hundred Pounds of Hungry" on the Paramount label.